Job Summary: Conduct behind-the-wheel driving lessons for students of all ages and varying levels of experience. This position is on the road, real-time driving in a company training car with a passenger-side brake pedal. This position requires scheduling flexibility. This position is part-time and may include weekends. Daylight and nighttime driving hours are required.
General Requirements for Employment:
- Must hold a valid Class “D” Louisiana chauffer’s license or above and ten (10) years driving experience with a clean driving
- Must pass a criminal background check, drug screening, and
- Must live within the Alexandria/Pineville, La
- Must be CPR/First Aid
- Must be willing to take responsibility for training car, appointments, and
- Must be able to communicate daily and throughout the day. Good communication skills are necessary.
- Must be reliable and enjoy working with
- Must possess the ability to read maps (GPS and Paper) and follow
- Must be able to interface professionally with the public/students
- Must be able to think quickly and act appropriately in
- Must have patience and impeccable customer service
- If hired, the applicant must have a medical/vision exam completed by a primary
- Driving instruction or teaching experience a
Essential Duties (including, but not limited to):
- Represent academy as a skilled professional driving
- Provide driving instruction making students safe and responsible drivers with the skills necessary to pass the DMV road test for a driver’s
- Effectively interact with teen and young adult
- Help nervous and inexperienced drivers gain the confidence they need to become safe drivers
- Follow the academy curriculum as outlined by the
- Learn and understand the drive routes provided. Familiarity with the city of Alexandria
- Have knowledge and understanding of current Louisiana traffic
- Keep training cars neat, clean, and report mechanical problems
- Fill the car with gas at the end of each
- Communicate to parents and students any areas of opportunity to work on while practicing behind-the-wheel sessions at
- Complete drive assessment documentation for each student at the end of behind-the-wheel sessions.
- Communicate with and respond to the Driver Education Coordinator promptly.
- Perform other daily tasks as assigned by the Driver Education
Be comfortable driving in all weather conditions – day and night. This position requires weekends, evenings, and may include holidays.
The position demands the ability to sit in the car for long periods. Lift 20-30-lbs of equipment/cones out of the trunk when required. The ability to get in and out of an automobile several times a day, react quickly to emergencies, and properly use the instructor brake.